Eswin Mejía was returned from Honduras to Omaha, Nebraska last week to face charges in the death of Iowan Sarah Root.
On January 31, 2026, law enforcement says Eswin Mejia, an illegal immigrant, was driving drunk when he struck and killed ...
The alleged drunk driving killer of Sarah Root, 21, was extradited from Honduras on Friday after he fled the U.S. years ago, the Trump administration said ...
Secretary of State Marco Rubio announced "justice will finally be served for Sarah Root."Rubio said on Friday that the Trump administration announced the extradition of Root's alleged killer from ...
IOWA (KWQC) - The man accused of killing 21-year-old Iowan Sarah Root in 2016 was extradited from Honduras on Friday. Root ...
The man charged in the death of Sarah Root — a 21-year-old Council Bluffs woman who was killed in a crash in Omaha in 2016 ...
The life of Sarah Root life was abruptly cut short in Omaha, Nebraska one night in January 2016. She had been out celebrating with friends just a day after receiving her degree from Bellevue ...
BILL QUANECIA. BREAKING NEWS NOW. A DOUGLAS COUNTY JUDGE HANDS DOWN A $100 MILLION BOND FOR THE MAN CHARGED IN SARAH ROOT’S DEATH. IT’S ONE OF THE HIGHEST BONDS GIVEN TO A SUSPECT IN DOUGLAS ...
(Omaha) -- The Honduran man charged with killing an Iowa woman in 2016 is back in the United States, where he will stand ...
U.S. Senator Joni Ernst applauded the Trump administration Friday following the extradition of Sarah Root’s murderer.
Eswin Mejía, 28, was allegedly drag racing in Omaha, Nebraska, when he rear-ended a vehicle driven by 21-year-old Council Bluffs resident Sarah Root in 2016 as she waited for a red light.